Respecting your privacy and the law
The privacy of your personal information has always been important to us at Smartway driving school. We are committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting your personal information. We are bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and any relevant Health Privacy Principles under State legislation , as well as other applicable laws and codes affecting your personal information.
Collecting your personal information
The information collected may include your name, postal address, e-mail address, date of birth, financial details, tax file number, health information or other information the we may consider necessary.We will, if it is reasonable or practicable to do so, collect your personal information from you. This may happen when you fill out an administrative form (e.g. a change of address ) or when you give us personal information over the telephone, e-mail, SMS or via our website. In certain cases we collect your personal information from third parties. For example, we may need to collect personal information from you parent, your representative (if you are being funded), your or publicly available sources of information or any of the other organizations identified below under "Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information".
Using and disclosing your personal information
In line with modern business practices common to many business and to meet your specific needs (such as booking a test) we may disclose your personal information to the organizations described below. Where your personal information is disclosed we will seek to ensure that the information is held, used or disclosed consistently with the National Privacy Principles, any relevant Health Privacy Principles under State legislation and other applicable privacy laws and codes.
The relevant organizations are those
In some circumstances we may need to obtain your consent before this occurs.
- involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including testing or upgrading our computer systems.
- involved in a transfer of all or part of the assets or business of a Group organization.
- involved in the payments system including financial institutions, merchants and payment organizations.
- involved in product planning and development.
- which are your representatives including your funding representatives.
- as required or authorized by law, for example, to government or regulatory bodies for purposes of booking tests,related to public health or safety, the prevention or detection of unlawful activities or to protect public revenue.
- where you have given your consent.
Marketing our products and services
We will not disclose any personal information to any third party, for the purpose of marketing or mailing lists.
Keeping your personal information accurate and up-to-date
We aim to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure this is the case. This way we can provide you with better service.If you believe your personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date, please contact us (see Contact Us)
Your privacy on the internet. Read more..........