Your privacy on the Internet
We take care to ensure that the personal information you give to us on our website is protected. For example, our website may have electronic security systems in place, including the use of firewalls and data encryption. Depending on the Group organization with which you deal, user identifiers, passwords or other access codes may also be used to control access to your personal information. Please refer to the website of those Group organizations with which you transact electronically for more information on our website specific privacy and security procedures.
Links to Other Sites
You may be able to access external website by clicking on links we have provided. Those other website are not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures. You will need to contact or review those website directly to ascertain their privacy standards, policies and procedures access to your personal information. You can gain access to your personal information. This is subject to some exceptions allowed by law. Factors affecting a right to access include:
Contact us to get a form requesting access (see Contact Us .) In some cases we may be able to deal with your request over the telephone
- access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- a frivolous or vexatious request
- the information relates to a commercially sensitive decision making process
- access would be unlawful
- access would prejudice enforcement activities relating to criminal activities and other breaches of law, public revenue, a security function or negotiations with you
- legal dispute resolution proceedings
- where a third party has given us health information about you in confidence
- denying access is required or authorized by or under law
- We will give you reasons if we deny access.
Using Government Identifiers
Although in certain circumstances we may be required to collect government identifiers such as your tax file number, Medicare number or pension card number(i.e. lessons the "Age Medical Driving Test") , we do not use or disclose this information other than when required or authorized by law or unless you have voluntarily consented to disclose this information to any third party.
Dealing with us anonymously
You can deal with us anonymously where it is lawful and practicable to do so. For example, if you inquire about our lesson prices or office hours you do not need to provide your personal details.
Your sensitive information
Without your consent we will not collect information about you that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, details of health, disability, sexual orientation, or criminal record. This is subject to some exceptions including: the collection is required by law when the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.